Monday, April 16, 2012

A is for Attitude- 26 days of the Horlacher family... alphabetized

This is my attempt to blog for 26 days in a row. Every day is a new letter. Today, being the first day, I'll tell you something about our family starting with the letter A.
Sometimes when I'm in a rotten self-pitying mood my wonderful husband cheers me up me repeating this quote to me. It's a quote he memorized on his mission to help him stay positive and motivated. Charles Swindoll said, "Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more mportant than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the
inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it." In essence, your attitude is what changes things. It can change your circumstances, your appearance, your success and happiness in this life. And the great thing about attitude is that you are 100% responsible for it. You can choose every day and every hour what your attitude will be. The world IS how we see it. None of us see the world for what it really is. We all have a world view or a paradigm that we look through when we see the world. It can be a beautiful place or a miserable place. It all depends on how we choose to see it. So today, I choose to be successful, I choose to be happy, I choose to love myself for who I am, I choose to be productive, I choose to be beautiful.
A is for attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment