Friday, March 22, 2013

Finally... a post you can just enjoy.

I can't tell you how relieving it is to be able to write a post that is not going to offend anyone. I think I'm done with that for a while. It is way too stressful. So... welcome to happy bubble land full of smiles and sunshine.

This post will actually be kinda fun. Shelly Hadfield over at Shelly and Branson tagged me in a post where she was nominated for the Leibster award. It's no wonder because she has such a fun blog full of the cutest family you've ever seen. So thanks for tagging me. The rules are as follows:


1. each person must write 11 things about themselves that readers may not know.
2. answer the 11 questions the tagger asked, and then ask the people YOU nominate and tag to answer 11 questions.
3. choose 11 other blogs and link them in this post.
4. go to their page and tell them.
5. no tag backs!

So first, 11 things you may not know about me.

1. I have a unique personality- I'm a people-pleaser and yet I'm very opinionated. Sometimes the two don't mesh so well.
2. I love being pregnant! Thanks to my lack of morning sickness and the fact that I don't really get very big, I actually enjoy being pregnant! (Most days.)
3. I get restless. I am always excited to move to a new house or a new town!
4. I play the piano, flute and a little bit of guitar. Piano is by far my best instrument, but I'm working on guitar!
5. My favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo. Ah.... so good. I could read it again right now.
6. My favorite animals are bunnies, seals, and foxes. And my favorite color is teal. I hate purple and orange. Yuck.
7. My husband's input: I don't put caps on anything. Toothpaste, juice bottles, makeup etc. Thanks honey.
8. I have 2 empty picture frames on my wall. We like to pretend they are long lost relatives of ours.
9. I haven't lived in a home that has cable or satelite TV for 14 years. I love not having TV! It's one of the best decisions Jason and I made when we got married- thanks to the great example of my parents.
10. I'm pretty picky when it comes to what I'll buy for my home or to wear. I do NOT like to buy anything at popular places and don't like logos or brand names on the things I have. I just like everything to be unique and seem like it's one-of-a-kind.
11. I have a natural knack for taking pictures. (At least that's what I was told in the 1 class I took.) And that's great! Because I love taking pictures!

Alright- now to answer Shelly's questions:

1. What's your favorite article of clothing?

Right now my favorite article of clothing is a shirt that my husband got me for Christmas (that I picked out) from Target. It's a maternity shirt with 3/4 sleeves and grey and mint stripes. I totally adore it. And I also got this new cardigan in the mail that's white and blue stripes with hearts on the elbows! Can't wait to wear it!

2. What's your favorite childhood memory?

When I was 6 or so our family went ice skating together. All I remember is it was pretty funny to watch my dad slip all over the place when I also saw him as a big strong guy. We didn't go out much so that was a special memory I've saved.

3. Scariest moment of your life?

10 centimeters. Need I say more? Seriously- all you can say is, "I don't want to do this anymore!" And your body just keeps on pushin'. 

4. One word that would best describe you?

Over-thinker. Is that a word?

5. If your friends and acquaintances were willing to bluntly tell you what they really think of you, would you want them to? Why or why not.

I don't think so. I pick up on people's thoughts pretty quickly and because I over-think everything, they don't even have to say anything for me to start evaluating myself. I'll usually take what people say into consideration, but it's better if they don't say it and I just figure it out on my own.

6. What is your favorite month of the year?

October! It's my birthday month and I have always LOVED the fall. I have to live somewhere with seasons when we settle down because the weather changing just makes me giddy. I love leaves and the smell in the air, wearing sweaters, going for walks... just everything about fall is exciting. 

7. Favorite restaurant?

Any mom and pop place with good burgers and fries. I'm a total "american food" lover. And the hole-in-the-wall little gems that you discover are the best kind. We just ate at a place called Big Judd's in Rexburg. Actually it was in an even smaller town just outside of Rexburg. We passed the place the first time and finally found it when we got cell service. It's a little burger place that had really great food. Thick, juicy burgers and hot, thick fries with lots of fry sauce. The only downside was that the place was totally filthy. Like disgusting filthy. So we probably won't go back unless it's to the sister joint in Boise.

8. What's your favorite number?

11. Again, my birthday. But the number 67 seems to show up everywhere for me. Receipts, my student number in high school (11167), my starbucks partner number (1717161), the opening credits to my favorite show in high school (Roswell) and just everywhere. It's kinda crazy...

9. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

The other night laying in bed, Jason said to me, "Honey, if it makes you happy, I'm behind you 100%." That just really got my heart fluttering. What support! He's the absolute best husband. 

10. What is your favorite Disney movie?

My 2 favorite classic Disneys are Peter Pan and Robin Hood (the one with foxes.) I could watch them over and over again. In fact, I wish I had them right now so I could fall asleep. Pregnancy insomnia is starting to kick in. I'm usually in bed at 9:30. 

I tag:
Sydney from Catching Pennies
Jessie from Team Allen
Leanne at Alldafferdom
Kristen at Home of the Millers
Jonique at The Beachs
Kate at The Best Recipe for Happiness
Deanna at The Richardsons
Sarah at Walk in Joy
Karma at Alis Volat Propriis
Elle at Elle Keeps Moving

Here are your 11 questions:

1. What time do you go to bed usually?
2. Did you love or hate school? Why?
3. What is a hidden talent that you'd like to develop?
4. What would be the ideal place for you to live?
5. What do you want to do when you retire?
6. Ever built a snowman? Sandcastle? Which is better?
7. What's your favorite game to play with friends?
8. Are you a good driver?
9. What do you hope to accomplish in the next year?
10. What is your favorite quote and why?
11. What is the thing that brings you to your happy place? (chocolate, baths, books, etc.?) 


Thanks for going along with it!





No comments:

Post a Comment