Thursday, March 14, 2013

My life... in all it's glory.

Sometimes I wonder when this "happy bubble" of mine is going to pop. Is it going to pop? Or is it possible to have a ridiculously happy life? I've been thinking about this for some time and haven't come to a conclusion yet on whether my life is actually perfect or if I'm just delusional. I could think of things that need to be changed or that could make it better, but every day I find myself thanking God for giving me this incredible life.

Occasionally I come down from the clouds and do some serious life planning as my best friend, Whitney, would call it. I just feel more organized when I sit down and plan out my life over and over again until I have perfect plans. Things never go exactly as I planned, but having a plan gives me a kind of outline to follow when I feel a little lost. Just to write things down and make a chart and a to-do list gives me a little peace of mind.

Recently I ran into a self help motivational book that was like a gold mine for a planning freak like me. It's Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction. Now, at first I thought, "Oh please. Not another 'law-of-attraction-get-rich-and-famous-powers-of-the-universe' kind of book." I'm really not into the secret or it's copycats. But I'm always on the lookout for a great motivational book on applying practical keys to success. When I started reading it, I realized that it's actually all about the power we each have to shape our lives into what we want them to be. It's empowering when you realize that you can create the life that you want to live. Rather than letting life happen to you, use your time to plan out what you want and go get it! My other favorite books on this topic are As a Man Thinketh and The Power of Positive Thinking. I suggest both of those as a quick read if you're looking for some help changing your life.

Anyway...

I found a great outline for goal setting. You can't achieve your goals if you don't know what they are! So, if you're up for it, or just looking for a good way to organize your thoughts (like me), here it is.

The categories of goals are:
Personal goals (things you want to do, be and have)
Relationship goals
Health & Body Goals,
Career and Education Goals
Recreation Goals
Financial Goals and
Contribution Goals

First, make a "T-chart". On the left side, for each category, write what you don't want. This will help you figure out what you really do want. On the right side, write the opposite of what you don't want in a sentence or short phrase. After you've finished, cross off all of the don'ts and combine your list of things you do want into a dream list. If you really want more on this, email me. I just wanted to give you a quick glimpse of what heaven looks like for an organizational, have-to-write-everything-down kind of person. Completely this chart makes me more motivated and gives me some vision.

So even though my life is blissfully happy, it's only because I want it to be that way and of course because the Lord has been SO incredibly present in my life and gives me joy every day.

I just realized this post is not very well written. Hopefully this doesn't scare any of you off. I just needed to get something down.

The End

Goodnight.

Um.... ok. You can stop reading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment