Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nesting

I can't explain the many phenomena that occur when a woman is pregnant. There are some things you just have to accept. Cravings for strange food combinations, mood swings and the strange similarity we have to birds when they are expecting a few babies. One day it just hits you and you think,"this house must be perfectly clean before my little bundle arrives and I don't care if I have to stay up all night to clean it."

The nesting started a few days ago and since then, my house has been perfectly clean without fail. I haven't gone completely overboard with it (like scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush), but for some reason I have just had the absolute need to keep the house spotless lately. It's actually really nice. I feel a lot more peace at night trying to sleep and when I wake up and realize that I don't have to spend the day just trying to get the house clean.

Weekends have been so nice up here in Rexburg because Jason usually has a little more time to have some fun with us. We try to get out and explore a little bit; and by explore I mean drive down main street and finally decide to go to Walmart. We attempt to fool ourselves every weekend into thinking there are a bunch of cool, undiscovered places here, but really I just miss Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and being so close to absolutely any store I could possible imagine. It's a little depressing at times. This weekend we took Levi to get some ice cream, which surprisingly we've never done. As soon as he figured out that the ice cream was sweet and that I wasn't taking it away from him, he was pretty into it.  

  



No comments:

Post a Comment